Saturday, March 2, 2013

Baby Shower! Because the baby is COMING!

I was really really looking forward to my baby shower, and it did not disappoint! It  was so much fun. Thank a million to my sisters and friends who helped put it on. Most especially, Kathy. The only downside of it all was that the weather, doing what weather does best, kept some family from coming into town for the shower, namely my mom (and dad and little brother) and Diana and Kelly. We missed them!

But it was a blast! So many wonderful people were there. Two of my very best friends drove up from South Jordan to be there: McKell and Dixie. They are both preggo, too. McKell is due the day before I am, and Dixie is due about 3 weeks after! And we are all having boys. We made quite the trio!

I might also add that these are the only pictures we took of the whole shower! Oops...Kathy and I both brought our cameras, and then we forgot to take pictures because we were having so much fun! Thank you, Rosey, for the cute maternity shirt. :) I'll need to give it back to you the next time we see you!

Like I said, Dixie and McKell are both having boys. Dixie is naming her little boy Orson, and McKell is naming her boy Everett. So cute!
In honor of such great names, I made these for these two lovely ladies and their sons.

 And they turned out really cute! Sorry Dixie, but I especially love the green and how it show the grain of the wood a little bit. This was a first time try, so I didn't know how they would turn out.

Kathy also made me these ADORABLE onesies with her handy-dandy vinyl cutter. Aren't they cute? Hiram and I play Rook with Hiram's grandpa pretty often, so that's where the "Future Rook Champion" comes from.
 And Mama Knapp (Hiram's mom) made me a diaper bag. Obviously, I haven't really tried using it yet, but it seems pretty awesome! This gift definitely needed pictures to show you how it works. It is so cool. So, here I am with the diaper bag. Reason #1 why I love it: It is so stinkin' cute. I LOVE the fabric that she used.
You also get a shot of my ever-increasing belly. This was when I was 36 weeks and 1 day. :)
 Open up the bag and...
 unfold it...
 and voila! There's the changing pad, with everything I need right there. Super handy. Again, isn't the fabric super cute?

 There are 4 big pockets on the sides to hold stuff in. When you fold up the diaper bag, you can reach into any of the 4 pockets for anything you might need.I put a onesie in there to demonstrate for you all.
 Then fold it back up. There are snaps to keep it together.
 And now you can see the onesie inside the pocket. Pretty cool, eh?
 We also got this extremely cute car seat cover from Hiram's sister, Chelsea. I am blown away by people that can sew so well!

 And Grandma Jones of course made us an amazing quilt. I love that my baby will be able to to be cuddled by his grandma because of this quilt. He has so many people that love him already!
We got lots of other gifts, some of which will arrive with my mom when she comes down when the baby is born. All of them were so thoughtful! We feel so loved and taken care of. Kathy also brought us her extra boy clothes, and we made sure the baby's bedroom is full of everything he needs. I have tons of diapers. I bought some newborn diapers this week, so now we are totally prepared! Since it's Easter season, and Easter candy is basically my favorite food on this earth, I also bought myself Easter candy as a reward for accomplishing birthing our child. It is very motivating. :)

1 comment:

  1. So fun! I am still sad that I missed it! I can't wait to hold and meet your little guy. He is one lucky guy :)

    ReplyDelete