Sunday, December 9, 2012

The Living Christ

So, we can't find our Christmas tree anywhere...I don't how you lose a Christmas tree, but we did. If it makes you feel any better about it, it was one of those really small tree, like 2 feet tall, but really, it's not anywhere in our house...But since we can't find it, I tried a little harder with our Christmas decore. I know the Christmas tree has lots of symbols, and I plan on having a Christmas up in my house in the future, but I really like our decorations this year, and I'm kind of grateful we don't have a tree. This is what we have instead:

The document in the picture is a copy of "'The Living Christ", an official statement made by the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints on January 1, 2000. At this time of year I especially love this line (although the entire thing is wonderful): "We solemnly testify that His life, which is central to all human history, neither began in Bethlehem nor concluded on Calvary." I love remembering that not only was He born, but He lives. When I was a teenager living at home, my parents started a tradition of memorizing in our home. Every week had Family Home Evening on Monday nights. One of our favorite things about FHE was having a good treat. When I was a teenager, my parents made it a rule that we couldn't eat the treat until we had "passed off" our memorizing for that week. We memorized a Psalm, whole chapters or segments of scripture, "The Family: A Proclamation to the World," and "The Living Christ." We memorized things slowly, and then reviewed them every so often, so these things stuck in my memory really well. Anyway, when we got married, Hiram decided to memorize The Family Proclamation and The Living Christ, too. So what this is all boiling down to is that Hiram and I decided to re-memorize "The Living Christ" before Christmas. We've been loving it. It is a wonderful reminder of the true Spirit of the Christmas season. We are so grateful that our loving Savior was born, that He lived a perfect life, and died for us. We feel the power of the Atonement in our lives every day, of the year. We love Him so much.

Go to lds.org to learn more!

1 comment:

  1. You did a beautiful job, Tressia! Very Christ centered, as it should be.

    ReplyDelete