May 6,
2012
Hello
all! Boy, did we have a good weekend. But before the weekend, we had finals
week. My final finals week! Crazy. All of our finals went really well. Hiram
really rocked his classes this semester. Go Hiram! I also did some job hunting,
and interviewed with Thomas Edison Charter School. I was offered a position as
an aide to their SLP, which I am thrilled about! I haven’t given them a yes or
a no yet because I still haven’t heard back from other places that I applied.
Since Thomas Edison is a charter school, they’re almost done with their hiring,
but the public schools haven’t even started the hiring process. That puts me in
a bit of a tight spot, but it’ll work out. I am so grateful for this
opportunity. My job search continues for working somewhere this summer, but I’m
sure something will come up. Life is pretty good right now. We’re pretty
excited about this summer!
So,
to the weekend. Diana and Kelly got here on Friday night, about 5:30, and
brought Kelly’s little sister, Claire along with them. It was fun to have all
three of them over. We’re not used to hosting family, and it was really fun! We
had a yummy dinner and played pinochle and farkle. Poor Diana brought some pads
to sleep on, and enjoyed our kitchen floor, while Kelly stayed at our generous
neighbor’s house. We had a yummy waffle breakfast together, and then we all
went to the temple before the rest of the family rolled into town. We had Mom,
Dad and David from our family, Hiram’s mom and 4 of his siblings, Kelly’s
parents and little sister, and Alan and Ashley (cousins) with their kids. Fun
times were had by all! Hamburgers, hot dogs, salads, chips, and cookies coupled
with good company, a nice park, and a Frisbee to throw around. It doesn’t get
much better than that.
Diana and Kelly couldn't be separated. Those two are definitely in love!Hiram cooked the burgers, and still had time to make silly faces at the camera. :)
Eating
Ashley taking good care of her kiddos.
Everybody chatting.
Karl is a cool cucumber.
Ethan and his cute chubby cheeks.
Like father, like son.
My graduation was in the afternoon at 4, and Mom and Dad and David were gracious enough to stick around for the ceremony. We had 2 short speeches, and they were very efficient in getting the hundreds of graduates their diploma. It was a very nice ceremony. Mom and Dad and David and Hiram yelled really loud when they called my name. It was fun to have them there!
In front of Old Main.
Then,
Hiram and I spent the evening at home, enjoying each other’s company, and
enjoying not worrying about any homework being due on Monday. It’s a surreal feeling
to know that we’re not going back to school tomorrow.
Well,
that’s all from here! We love you all! It was SO great to see everyone. We’re
excited for Celine who’s leaving on her mission in 10 days! Wow!
Love,
Hiram
and Tressia Knapp
So fun! I didn't know that you got that job! That is great :) Way to go being valedictorian too! You are so great!
ReplyDelete